Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hamlet and Maria in Stratford

on the same stage
a few hours apart
two sides of us
colliding
and asking for our hearts and minds
on this summer day in 2015

oh that this too
too solid flesh would melt I have
confidence in confidence alone oh cursed
spite that ever I was born
to set it right I simply remember
my favourite things get thee to a nunnery why
wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners the hills are
alive with the sound of music oh what a rogue
and peasant slave am I climb every
mountain who would fardels bear
 to grunt and sweat under a weary life
when he himself might his quietus
make with a bare bodkin ford every stream
follow every rainbow till you find your dream good night
sweet prince and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest so long
farewell auf wiedersehn good night

and so it continues
until the end of days
with no right or wrong
just Elsinore, Denmark and Saltzburg, Austria 
tugging tugging tugging

No comments:

Post a Comment