Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pollock at the Met - NYC 2015 (3)

I arrive                  breathless           finding room
at                                            extremity of massive
museum having walked past Rodin marvels
and Impressionists          floating                 on
white walls and                 stop                       in
silence                  plaque says autumn rhythm (
number 30)        and I stand back breathing the
music of the                       paint      drips      that
curve and overlap in dissonance and harmony
browned leaves rustling in gusty swirls the flat
canvas                  envelops             me in a world
of            pleasure and      pain and Beethoven’s
Pathetique plays in my head becoming aware
of            my          breathing            once      again

No comments:

Post a Comment