Saturday, January 19, 2013

714 Ash

had brown awnings and a basketball hoop in the back yard
and there I am  

stretched            to the limit
off the ground
ball on its way to basket
brown shirt
brown pants
looking up with blonde locks
flying in spring breeze 

standing in front of pink blossomed tree
in the back yard
same brown shirt buttoned to neck
ten-year-old eyes looking
straight                 into        camera
slight smile dimpling cheeks 

throwing baseball
brown shirt untucked around shorts
biting bottom lip with the effort of the throw
blue sky criss-crossed with hydro wires 

on floor of bedroom
games and notebooks on the shelves behind me
that was where top forty radio
guided my ears
and hairbrush mics
let me perform 

posing
holding some sort of trophy
and a paper in my baseball glove
picnic table and picture window
with awning behind me
tan jacket zipped up 

crazy boyhood year
unzipped
with five pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment